I love this time of year for several reasons....the atmosphere of giving and focus on others, family time, Christmas decorations...I could go on and on.
I think I particularly like this time of year because it feeds my "to do" list compulsion. The Holiday season is ripe with opportunities to list things.
I keep them organized in my daily planner (remember that I made the switch back to a paper based planner recently)
A few lists I have right now include:
1) Items to pick up when I brave Garden Ridge later today
2) Christmas Eve dinner menu
3) Christmas Eve dinner grocery list (see that- a list item that generated another list...love those)
4) Christmas Eve timeline and reminders
5) "To do" between now and Christmas
Occasionally, someone challenges my listing tendencies, suggesting that I can't be as productive because I spend too much time making my lists. I don't really argue with their point because:
1) they're wrong (as evidenced by the amount I regularly get accomplished)
2) arguing with them takes time away from:
a) being productive
b) time I could be spending updating a list!
I realize my listing lifestyle isn't everyone's cup of tea and I'm OK with that. To each his own, right? Now, time to put some of those lists into action.
P.S. I got new glasses yesterday and I'm in love with them! Hubs wasn't real hip on them at first, but numerous times throughout the day, he would mention how much he really likes them. I hope to post a pic or two later.