Monday, February 16, 2009

It's a deal!

If you're addicted to organizing and sorting like I am, then chances are, you'll love this deal too!

At OfficeMax you can get a Brother label maker for $10! It originally retails for $40, but it's on sale for $10 right now. It is the exact labeler I use at work:



Here's the catch: it's a higher end machine and the tape for it is approx $25/roll. So depending on how much you plan on using a label maker, a $25 recurring expense could be cost-prohibitive (as it was for me).

HOWEVER- while looking at label makers, I found a Brother Home and Kitchen labeler for $20 and the replacement tape is only $11. Even though the actual label maker was twice the cost of the other Brother, the recurring costs will be much less; therefore, I went with the Kitchen and Home label maker:



This one really is made for Kitchen and Home as it has a Date/Time stamp. If you're someone that labels your food prior to storing it in the freezer, this feature would be helpful. Just click the date/time stamp then print and slap it on the container.

I haven't actually used the labeler yet, but will let you know when I do!

Blogging has taken a back seat lately....life remains busy for us. We've got family coming into town at the end of the week for Rebecca's Baptism, so Hubs and I have spent some time preparing the house for our guests. I'm SO excited that my Aunt Janet is coming out! My grandparents never made it out to see our house before they passed away, but with Aunt Janet coming, I feel like I would if they were coming. I want everything to be perfect!

Ben and Becca are coming over today since Jennie has to work (we have today off for President's day). Ben and Craig will play video games (mostly Mass Effect) and Becca and I will hang out together. She's the bestest goddaughter in the history of goddaughterness.


1 comments:

Connie

I have been wanting a label maker but I couldn't decide on one. I even asked for one for Christmas in the hopes that someone would just buy me one and I won't have to choose.

Have fun with your family!

P.S. I tagged you for a fun MEME!