Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hubbs vs. Mary Kay

Today I laughed so hard I cried.

We were sitting in the living room watching TV when the doorbell rang. Hubs always answers the door and this time was no exception. He opened the door and I could hear him speaking with a female. After a couple of seconds, he leaned back into the house and said, "uh, honey, why don't you come here?"

I made my way over to the door and spoke with the Mary Kay lady who was roaming the neighborhood handing out her business card (I had actually met her many years ago at a MK party my sister held at my moms house). I thanked her for coming by, but let her know I already have a MK consultant.

I closed the door and headed back towards the living room. Hubs greeted me at the entrance to the room and said, "well, that was awkward."


"Oh. Really? Whys that?"


"Well, I opened the door, the lady smiled at me and said, 'Hi. Is your mom home?'"


HAHAHAHAHAHA!


She asked my husband if his mom was home!!! I haven't laughed that hard in many, many years!


I immediately called his mother to relate the story. I knew she'd get a kick out of it!

3 comments:

Shennie

I bet she felt like a real ninny when you appeared at the door. Wish I had been a fly on the wall.

digcow2

Did you tell hubs that it's not safe to talk to 'strangers'? So much for those "boyish" good looks, eh?

Connie

That is awesome!

My poor hubby gets mistaken for the kid's grandma all the time.